Happy New Year

So, I didn't really mean to be gone for that long.  Our holidays ended up being a little more eventful than we had planned.  We hosted my whole family (I'm the oldest of 5) here for Christmas - the first time we have all been together in almost 5 years.

Christmas was immediately followed by an awful stomach bug ripping it's way through our house.  I think I washed every single sheet and towel we own at least twice.

And then we packed (while doing all that laundry) for our trip to Florida.  Did I mention we were driving?  A drive that ended up taking a day longer than planned and included my first ride in an ambulance and a visit to an incredibly rural emergency room in South Carolina (think "Oh, we don't have cabs in this county...") (Everything's fine.)

Then 15 people in a beach house (though right on the beach - beautiful).
Four nights and four new tires later we were on the AutoTrain home.

So here we are...  Did I say eventful?


Amid that whirlwind of chaos, we had a moment of quiet (before the "Please, Please can I have another mint.  Can I have a mint.  Can I HAVE a MINT!? that echoed through the end of the service) when we had the kids baptized.  In the presence of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and even great-grandparents on New Years Day.  A fabulous way to begin the new year.



So, here's to New Beginnings, Community, Simplicity, and Peace.

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear from you again. Wishing you many blessings and a Happy New Year!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete