After Homemade Granola Bars, You Can Never Go Back

Oh. My. Goodness.



I bought this Annabel Karmel cookbook shortly before E started Kindergarten, all motivated to pack fun and creative lunches every day.  While I have mostly managed to stay away from the standard PB&J so far, I had yet to actually follow one of the recipes in the book before Friday.  I have used some of her great ideas, but hadn't actually made anything specific.



Until these homemade granola bars.  So easy to customize, we used honey and brown sugar, oats, cheerios, almonds, raisins, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips.

Ignoring the fact that I smooshed them a little too much cramming them into a storage container, these things are amazing.  And so, so easy.  And really, after tasting them and reluctantly sharing them with the kids, I don't see how I can ever buy another pre-packaged granola bar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment