Manual Focus


I have a really nice camera. For those of you keeping track out there, I have a Nikon D70s, a digital back SLR, fancy (to me) don't-let-anything-happen-to-it camera. One of the advantages of having a father-in-law who owns a camera store.


Until yesterday, I have had it in fully automatic point-and-shoot mode. I keep meaning to get around to reading the book (for it is not a manual, it is indeed a book) but, well, you know how life can get.


Many, many years ago, my parents taught me a little photography with their old Nikon (from the 60s?) that my dad had picked up while over in Vietnam. I knew about light meters and F-Stops, shutter speeds, and all of that. Then I went to high school, and college, and grad school, and got married, and had two kids, and somehow all that information got pushed back to the very reaches of my brain.


I'm trying to access it all now, and read the book, and take better pictures, and not put this beautiful machine into point and shoot mode. The first step was to turn off the auto-focus.


Bear (bare?) with me and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment