Happy March - and the Tea Party Doll Dress

Somehow I've stopped carrying my camera around with me over the last couple months. And while I enjoy being in the moment a bit more and not behind the lens, I feel like I'm missing something. So I'm signing up for a photography class to see if I can do something about that. And paying for a photography class? Means I need to get back in the studio! Which I have also been neglecting since I finished the Waldorf Fair last November. What? It's March already? Okay, I'm ready for Spring. And clear skies, warm weather, and that feel of new beginnings.



I did at least get in the studio for long enough to sew a doll dress. Which of course then led to Ella asking for a matching one for her. In a different print - which means I need to make another doll one. They actually come together very easily. I love the way it flairs out a bit at the bottom.

  I'm going to make a muslin first to make sure Ella's fits before I go through making the whole thing. Ella is definitely not an off-the-rack size and is picky about how things fit - this girl who always wanted to wear twirly skirts and dresses now won't wear anything too 'baggy'. The doll dress was from Liesl Gibson's Little Things to Sew. She has a somewhat similar pattern out for girls - the Seashore Dress. With a similar line and pockets.  It's currently spread all over my studio floor for tracing. Now if I can just get it done in time for Easter...

No comments:

Post a Comment