Running


I've started running. Before today, I would have more called it walk/running but today I feel like I can actually call what I am doing 'running'. And I feel like the more people I tell, the more I will be held accountable and the more likely I am to follow through with it. So I'm saying it here!

I have never been a runner. Even in elementary school, when we did laps around the gym? I walked as much as I ran. Organized sports? I usually played defense, partly so I didn't have to chase anyone. But I've always loved the idea of it. And I am really enjoying it so far.

I am fortunate to live near the largest urban park in the world. Why run on sidewalk and pavement when you can run on Forbidden Drive, along the Wissahickon Creek, in what feels like the middle of the woods? It is a beautiful way to start the day.

I'm following the Couch to 5K program and trying to choose a 5K to run in a couple months. The colorful ones (Color Me Rad, The Color Run) look really fun and laid back but I don't know how I feel about inhaling the gallons of colored cornstarch they bomb you with. The coolest one I've seen so far?  The Zombie Run. Unfortunately there's no way in hell I'm going to be ready for that in three weeks. Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment