The Preparations Begin

O requested a Fire Truck Party for his 3rd birthday.

Since party stores in general give me hives, I did some searching online a while ago and found some cool stuff here. I was especially excited about the fire truck favor boxes and the fire hydrant cups, though they do look a little... um... maternal without their straws..


I pre-washed the cups today and we started filling the favor boxes this afternoon.


While many events pass us by without us realizing then that it is 'the last time we...', we are aware that this is the last party for us where we invite whole families. With E this year and O next year, we begin just inviting their friends. I think realizing it ahead of time and knowing it in the moment will make us appreciate this celebration even more, if we have a moment to stop and think amongst the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment