Counting Down

It's amazing how quickly we adapt.  O has had his cast on now for 5 weeks and I forget what it was like before.  We've gotten used to accommodating.  He's gotten used to lugging it around.  We've gotten used to the once-a-week bath and he's gotten used to only having a couple inches of water in the tub.

But last weekend our swim club opened for the summer.  And we all began to anticipate the cast coming off next week.  So we started counting down.  And then I realized that the countdown to the cast removal coincided with the countdown to the end of school (for O at least, E will go for a week longer) and the true countdown to summer.

There is so much I want to do this summer.  Not so much of the 'let's go here and do this' variety - more of the 'Here is what I want to do better' and 'here are the experiences I want the kids to have'.  I've been reading Simplicity Parenting over the last couple weeks and loving it (and how much it is just the right time in my life to be reading it), slowly incorporating some pieces into our lives (and so happy to have some things we do already reinforced!), and looking forward to a new rhythm to our days when school is out.  So with this countdown (6 days!) I feel like I am counting down to a true transition (or two) around here.  I'll post more here to let you know how it goes - and to keep myself accountable!

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment