Twirl On

Sometimes, the best laid plans...  Is that how it begins?  And then life happens.  And so does the flu.  And snow days...
I've been cranking away at the Twirly Skirts for the GFS Craft Show.  My goal had been 15, but work time has been short changed over the last couple weeks and I am actually pretty happy with nine right now.  Well, eight and a half at this moment.  Nine by the time my head hits the pillow tonight.

It is here that I struggle with the idea of production.  And how much time I can dedicate.  And how I want to spend the little bit of the time that I have.

So, every once in a while, I do a little re-evaluating.  And I keep coming to the same conclusion: I do really enjoy this.  And while I would love to be sewing O another pair of pants right now instead of one more Twirly Skirt, I am still having fun.  And am really looking forward to the Craft Show (that is just coming up way too fast).  And I am tweaking and improving both my designs and my skills.  Which makes me feel productive, even if a bit slower than I had planned.
But if there is one thing I have learned as a parent, it is that as much as you plan, things rarely go how you expect.  And you can plan for contingencies out the wazoo, but it's not really worth the time and energy.  So I'm learning to plan a bit, hope for the best, appreciate what I have, celebrate when things go well, and just...  well...  Twirl On.

No comments:

Post a Comment