Introducing the Itty Bitty Tote Bag (That Needs A New Name)

So I wanted a couple new things for The Highlands this weekend.  My hope had been to have a design for a larger girl's dress (size 4-8) but it just wasn't ready in time.  So instead, I bring you the Itty Bitty Tote Bag.  Reversible like the Roundabouts.  Some match dresses, some don't.


O saw them in my studio and immediately said "I want one!"  He calls it a "Church Bag", as in bring it to church stuffed with little things to keep him occupied.  I made a couple in non-girly prints, too.  I know first hand that the desire to carry around a little bag stuffed with treasures (that some may call a purse) is certainly not gender specific.


One ended up green with orange handles.  I looked at it.  And looked at it again  It screamed Halloween at me.  So off to the fabric store I went for some Alexander Henry Halloween fabric.  While The Dad had the kids up in NY for the weekend, I whipped up some little Trick or Treat Totes.  Hooray for new ideas!


The only issue I have is with the name.  While Itty Bitty Tote Bag is what popped into my head while I finished the first batch, it has evidently popped into lots of other people's heads, too.  So I need another name.  I thought of The Reversible Out-and-about (sounds cooler when said with a Canadian accent) but it doesn't quite roll of the tongue.  Or the Kiddo Tote.  I'm kind of leaning toward that one.  Any ideas?  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. The bags are really cute Julia! What about the Out and About Tote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, just realized I wasn't thinking and put the name you had suggested! I was thinking EIO Carry Around Tote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. How about Kids Treasure tote? Just thinking about how you referred to O using it! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Pouch? Tiny Tote? Kids Carry-All?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those bags! Great idea!! Would be cute to make baby material ones and fill with little things a new mom would need, too! So many ideas to do with them. ;o)

    ReplyDelete